The alphabets , numbers and special symbols combined they form Constants.
We have two types of C Constants :-
Review C Language
Primary Constants :->
Integer Constant, Real Constant, Character Constant.
Secondary Constants :->
Array, Pointer, Structure, Union, Enum etc.
Rules for C Constants :->
Integer C Constants :-
- An integer constant should have at least one digit.
- It can be positive or negative.
- When no sign assign,its mean positive.
- Commas are not allowed
Character C Constants :->
- Character constant is a single aphabet,a single digit or single special symbol enclosed within single inverted commas. Both the inverted commas should point to the left. Example ‘B’ is a valid character constant where ‘2B’ is not.
Real C Constants :-
- Real constants are called floating Point Constants.
- Reals constant are into two form fraction and Exponential form.
- Normally they are positive.
Example : – +456.78
ANSI C Keywords :-
C Keywords are the words whose meaning has already been defined to the C compiler. The C Keywords can not be a variable names because it we do so, wee are trying to assign a new meaning to the Keyword, Which is now allowed by the computer.